Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mornings

 I was having a conversation about coffee the other day and found myself sounding like crack junkie. It's true though, I cannot for the life of me, function like a normal human being if I haven't had my coffee. It just isn't possible. I am literally a zombie. It takes me a (long) while to compute and begin to understand even the most basic of things.

For example, I watch the Weather Channel as I get ready. Mostly its background noise, but I like to know what's in store for the day or what hurricanes or storms are brewing and where. Okay, I'm a weather freak, leave me alone! But I digress, I was talking about being stupid until I have my coffee. So check it out, as soon as I turn on the tv, I stare blankly for about a minute or two listening to Al Roker talk about the ongoing heatwave, rain, etc. before I can actually think about reading the bottom right corner of the screen to check out my local weather! I just ... sit there!

Its nuts, really. But yeah, coffee and a morning cigarette are part of my daily fix. I need them. Mostly the coffee though. God forbid I don't get my cup o' joe, I won't be able to fully function til about noon! Ha!

What is your morning routine like? Is there anything you can't live without? If you forget, does it throw your whole day off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...