Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mad About Mad Men

                                                                                                                                                       orla kiely/source
Hi, my name is Tanya and I am a Mad Men addict. The first step is admitting it, no? Yeah, I've always been a fan AMC's Mad Men. The very first episodes blew my mind and ever since then, it just never ceased to amaze and enthrall me. This season though, season four, it revels in change; not just character within character plot, but life itself. Call it a small insight into the past, as a viewer you are slowly and vicariously experiencing the change in times, a revolution if you will.

This season copywriter Peggy Olson, interpreted by the lovely Elisabeth Moss, turned 26 years old. Not only is she a young, ambitious woman, she is also a key employee at Stanley Cooper Draper Price, she's Don Draper's right hand. Throughout the seasons, we've seen Peggy mature and change her way of thinking and living. Since the beginning of season four Peggy seems much more fashion forward—at the peak of the 60s mod fashion and rock and roll, hippie era—she's developing a fantastic sense of style very much her own.

So how far does my 'Mad' obsession go? Often I come across outfits, accessories, even just tiny details that I can picture being straight out of the series. On occasion, certain events will make me wonder, "What would Peggy, wear? Would Joan approve of this lipstick?" Believe me, it happens far too often in my head.
Today as I was browsing through London-based Orla Kiely's website, I came across these sublime, vintage looking dresses. First thought? Oh, that is so Peggy. And so, this post was born.

If you haven't, take some time out to watch the show, I suggest you do because it is pretty damn good. Cinematic, memorable, plot and character driven, this is one of the best shows you'll find on cable TV, I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...